Have you ever noticed your car smelling bad or a bit stale with the damp? If so, then you should consider buying an air freshener or changing the one you are using for a better one with a beautiful fresh new fragrance. Removing unpleasant odours from inside your car can be tricky if you don't know what products to use.
There are a wide variety of air fresheners to buy on the market, with great scents and even perfumed fragrances. They have become one of those essential car accessories and are available in a multitude of fragrance options and scents at an accessible price. Here are some tips on how to choose the best air freshener and scent for your vehicle and at a good price. Here we provide a list of the best products that eliminate bad scents and make your car smell like you just bought it.
How to choose a good car air freshener
Choosing an air freshener that provides a pleasant aroma to your car, that has a high durability and that is elegant is not an easy task as there are so many to available to buy. Even yankee Candle makers produce car fresheners now!
We have all known the typical tree-shaped air freshener. With a slight smell of pine, quite inexpensive, but of low quality, this product should be the last option if you want to eliminate unpleasant odours from your vehicle.
Therefore, here are some suggestions that you should take into account when choosing a new air freshener for your car.
- Buy the type of air freshener that best suits your needs, that is, one that is easy to use and eliminates odours with ease and stocked in a shop near you.
- Choose an air freshener that allows you to control the intensity of the fragrance or even change the scent. This is often done by adjusting the vent in the car and refills that are more eco and price friendly.
- Of course, the product you buy should have a pleasant scent, such as cinnamon, coffee, jasmine, apple, or mint or you can even buy the new sea breeze fragrance by AmbiPur for a touch of Summer.
- Check that the durability of the air freshener is high or how long the fragrance will last.
- Buying an air freshener with a refill is a good alternative. Also, if you get tired of the smell, you just have to change the refill and that's it.
- And as for the price of the product, car air fresheners are usually inexpensive, but if you want a more sophisticated model the price can be raised.
The 4 best air fresheners for the car
Air Wick Essential Mist
If you are looking for air fresheners with a activate themselves, that you can regulate, then this option is ideal. This is an Air Wick brand essential oil vapour diffuser that can be refilled. Refills can last up to 45 days.
Some of the fragrances to choose from are melon and cucumber, vanilla, lavender, jasmine and citrus fruits. In addition, it is portable and you can use it both in your car and at your home or office.
Ambi Pur Car
If you're looking for a small, inexpensive air freshener, the Ambi Pur Car is a great new option for your car. It is a compact little model, ideal to place in the air vent on your car without having to be connected to any power outlet and meaning you can regulate how much of the scent is used.
This type of air freshener comes with odour clear technology that eliminates bad smells no matter how strong they are. In addition, it lasts approximately 30 days and comes with all the parts necessary to mount it- no tools required.
It is available in several versions with different fragrances: elegant flowers, fresh air, sea breeze, anti-smoking and tropical fruits. All at a good price and available in most garages, available to shop online and buy at your local DIY shop.
Apalus Air Purifier
Among the cheapest air purifiers on the market for cars is the Apalus, an air freshener equipped with an active carbon filter that counteracts bad scents. One of its best features of this new little fragrance is that it is chemical free, which is great if you want a natural fragrance.
It will allow you to enjoy cleaner air thanks to its carbon filtering parts, it is capable of neutralising fungi, allergens and any toxic particles that may be harmful to your health and come in through windows or the air vent.
CleanDell Air Freshener
Lasting 90 days, CleanDell is one of the most durable little air fresheners. Unlike the previous ones, this product is shaped like a disk. it is easy to use with all the necessary parts to fix it up in the car and allows you to activate or deactivate it at any time. If you prefer the scent of essential oils, this will be a great new option for you to buy.