Cactus properties for the skin
In addition to being a desert plant, the cactus offers endless properties for the skin that are making it one of the most demanded natural ingredients in the beauty and cosmetic sector.
It is rich in vitamins and amino acids and is used to treat skin blemishes, as anti-aging, to purify, etc ... If you are also looking to add this ingredient to your beauty routine, keep reading because at DIVAIN we tell you what the properties are of the cactus and the best cosmetics made with this ingredient. Keep reading!
Cactus properties for the skin
As you well know, the cactus is a desert plant capable of withstanding extreme temperatures and of storing water inside to survive for months. This retention capacity that characterizes this plant is what has interested many cosmetic professionals who have decided to include this ingredient in the formulas of their products.
Cactus extract has nourishing and regenerating skin properties thanks to the fact that it contains a large number of vitamins and amino acids, eight of which are essential. Here we leave you what are the multiple benefits for skin and hair:
- Deep hydration of the skin: hydrates the deepest layers of the skin and keeps it fresh and nourished.
- Fight the signs of aging: The cactus is a powerful antioxidant that fights free radicals and keeps the skin hydrated thanks to Vitamin E, which contains a large number of antioxidants and minerals such as calcium or iron.
- Natural scrub: Despite its physical appearance, the cactus is one of the best exfoliants for the skin you can find. In addition to leaving the skin soft and smooth, it is also able to fight against ingrown hairs.
- Eliminate dark circles and spots: Thanks to the vitamin K it contains, the cactus extract brings luminosity and uniformity to the skin, lightening sun spots and eliminating dark circles.
- Purifies and calms: This plant is perfect for those who have irritated or rosacea skin, since its components help to soothe, purify and refresh the skin with redness.
- Fight acne: Thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties, it is a powerful remedy to prevent and treat acne on oily skin.
- Fight dandruff and hair loss: In addition to the skin, cactus extract also has properties that help stop hair loss and fight dandruff.
By the way! Did you know that the cactus flower is also used as an ingredient to make perfumes? If you want to feel the smell of this peculiar flower on your skin, we recommend our DIVAIN-190, similar to Boss Ma Fri for women.
Best Cactus Extract Cosmetics
Eye contour creams, lip balms, masks, facial creams ... Thanks to the properties and benefits of the cactus, there is a wide variety of beauty products that contain this ingredient. Below, we have compiled the best cosmetics on the market that contain cactus extract in their formula.
Kiehl's Cactus Flower Toner
The cactus flower & "tibetan ginseng" tonic It is perfect for soothing irritated skin and enhancing its hydration after cleansing. This product is one of the best valued of the brand and is recommended especially for dry skin. In addition, you can use it throughout the day to refresh yourself and give your skin extra hydration.
Weleda face cream
Within its line of products made with cactus extract, the 24-hour moisturizing facial cream is one of our favorites. In addition to rapid absorption, this light face cream, which also contains aloe vera, promises hydration and freshness throughout the day.
Boscia Cactus Water Mask
This Boscia gel facial mask, made from plant ingredients such as algae extract or queen of the night cactus, moisturizes and offers long-lasting freshness to your skin. In addition, thanks to its vitamin C, it also serves to illuminate dark skin and fight the signs of aging.
Nature In A Jar by Philosophy
Ideal for dry skin, this body cream is a “must” that you cannot miss every time you shower. It offers immediate and deep hydration that lasts all day thanks to its components, among which we highlight cactus water and shea butter.
As you can see, cactus extract is a perfect ingredient to care for and pamper your skin in the healthiest and most natural way. What are you waiting for to incorporate it into your beauty routine?