Tricks to apply dark circles concealer well
Dark circles concealer is one of the most used cosmetics to camouflage the imperfections of the face. Not only does it hide dark circles, it also helps cover acne, blemishes and redness. However, to make good use of this beauty product it is necessary to choose the one that best suits your skin and to know how to apply it.
Here below we leave you a few tricks on how to apply the concealer of dark circles so that you learn how to use this makeup essential correctly.
How to choose dark circles concealer
First of all, you should choose the concealer that best matches your skin tone.
According to experts, it is recommended that you choose a concealer medium tone below your skin tone. If you go too light, this can cause the famous “panda eyes” effect to appear.
If the dark circles are not very visible, the best tone is natural beige, although sometimes using only your makeup base can be enough to cover them. On the other hand, if they are more pronounced, we recommend that you apply a salmon tone before the corrector.
There are multi-color concealers that have other uses in addition to covering dark circles. The green ones are perfect for rosacea or pimples, while the yellow and orange are ideal for covering veins, bluish dark circles, bruises or freckles. If you want to cover scars or dark spots, it is best to choose a salmon-colored concealer.
In addition to the tone, it is important that when choosing your concealer for dark circles you look at its coverage. The more visible your dark circles are, the higher the coverage of your concealer should be. Also, make sure the texture is light so it doesn't get damaged or cracked over time.
How to apply dark circles concealer
Dark circles concealer is one of the beauty essentials to erase the signs of fatigue from the eyes and hide other skin imperfections. Therefore, here we leave you some tricks to apply dark circles concealer properly and get the most out of it. Take note!
- Hydration: Especially if you are going to use it for the eye contour, it is important that before its application you deeply hydrate the area so that it is more elastic and avoid cracking or wrinkles being marked.
- Order: According to professionals in the world of cosmetics there is no order to apply the concealer. So you can use it before or after your makeup foundation. Although it is recommended not to apply foundation around the eye so as not to overload this area. By the way! Do not forget that here you will find the best Low Cost makeup foundation.
- Quantity: It is important that you do not abuse the concealer of dark circles when you put on makeup. We recommend that you apply a small amount and later add more if necessary.
- Where to apply it: just above the darkest area of the eye cup. Although there are correctors that can be used to hide other imperfections such as spots, pimples or redness.
- How to apply it: You can use the tip of your finger to apply it with small touches or choose to blend it with a brush or sponge. The important thing is that it ends up camouflaging well with your skin tone.
- Extend the duration: We recommend that after using the concealer for dark circles, use a little translucent lifting-effect powder to provide luminosity and prolong its duration.
Errors to avoid when using concealer
Many times mistakes are made when using the concealer of dark circles that can spoil the makeup and make the signs of aging or fine lines stand out even more. Be attentive to these most common mistakes to avoid them the next time you apply this "must" of cosmetics for women.
- Don't spread the concealer to cover dark circles because the area around the eyes is quite delicate. As we have said before, it is best to apply it with small taps for a perfect finish. If you are going to apply the concealer in other areas that are not dark circles, such as a pimple, it is best to apply only one point on the inflamed area and another on the pimple.
- Another of the most common mistakes is choosing the wrong color. If you choose a tone that is too light, you will create the so-called “raccoon effect” or “panda eyes”. In addition. If you choose a very dark tone, you will only make the dark circles stand out even more.
- Do not abuse the product.If you apply too much, this can make wrinkles or fine lines become more marked, since the area around the eyes, being thinner, absorbs less. If you see that the dark circles are still visible, you can apply one more coat when at least 10 minutes have passed since the first.
- Do not hydrate. The first thing you should do is apply your usual moisturizer so that the skin is supple and the concealer does not crack. Take a look at our post about the best face creams with hyaluronic acid and discover its incredible benefits for the skin.
Dark circles concealer is an ally of beauty that if you do not know how to use it well, it can become your worst enemy. But do not panic, because with these tips and tricks that we have given you, you will know how to get the most out of this basic makeup;)