What is micellar water for and how is it used: benefits and tips
In recent years, micellar water has become an indispensable element in women's skincare. Today, we will find out all the benefits of this beauty cleanser that cannot be missing from your skincare routine.
WHAT IS MICELLAR WATER AND WHAT IS IT FOR?
Micellar water is a dermatological product intended for the skincare and cleansing. It is a water base cleanser composed of micelles, emulsifying molecules that dissolve dirt and sebum, isolating them and transporting them through water. As if it were a magnet. The result? it will remove all traces of dirt and makeup from the skin. It is so effective that it even removes water proof makeup.
Micellar water not only cleans and removes make-up, but also acts as a great toner and hydrates the skin maximising skin health in one bottle and booming in the world of beauty.
HOW TO USE MICELLAR WATER
Using micellar water in your daily facial cleansing routine is not just easy, it is super simple. All you need is a cotton pad or a reusable wipe and to take into account the following factors:
- The first thing you have to know is that you do not need to apply any product before using it. Since, as we have said, it is an "all weather" product and very, very effective.
- Soak the cotton pad well, pour on the micellar water without holding back. This way you will ensure that all traces of makeup are removed and that you do not have to rub excessively. Of course, don't go overboard either, if you do, the micellar water will run down your face and won't remove your makeup properly. A balance is good.
- The micelles act like a magnet, so you don't have to rub too much to get the desired cleansing effect. What's more, if you rub hard you can damage your skin. Keep this in mind in the delicate eye area, so you do not damage you eyelashes.
- Although micellar water is used to remove make-up and clean your face, try to follow a routine. We recommend that if you have makeup on your eyes and lips, you start by removing makeup from those areas since they are usually the densest products. Once you've done it, continue on to the rest of the face.
BENEFITS FOR THE SKIN
Micellar water is not the star product of the century by mere chance. It is because it has numerous benefits for the skin.
Firstly it is a great deep cleanser thanks to the aforementioned micelles. We have a lot to thank these little molecules for!
Another of the many beauty benefits of this makeup cleansing products is the fact that micellar water doesn't irritate the skin. No matter how sensitive you are, its components are ideal for all facial care.
It is also a 3-in-1 product since, in addition to cleansing and removing makeup, it tones and hydrates our skin and works as a super refreshing tonic great to keep up skin health and beauty. This represents a significant saving of time and money, since you can use one for all and avoid having to find various skincare products such as a cleaners and a toner and a moisturiser.
IS IT SUITABLE FOR ALL SKIN TYPES?
In general, it works for all skin types. Whether you have sensitive, dry, or oily skin as well as normal skin; micellar water will be your best ally for makeup removal and cleansing.
Of course, it is a good idea to choose the one that best suits your skin type.
- If you have dry or sensitive skin, we recommend a micellar water with a moisturising milk which is both cleansing and hydrating.
- The micellar water in oil should be your choice if you have normal skin and you usually use a lot of makeup, since this is the best options as a cleanser to remove makeup from deep in your skin. It also nourishes the skin like nothing else thanks to the oil it contains.
- If your skin undergoes seasonal changes or you do not clearly identify yourself within any group, our tips are to opt for an all-in-one micellar water. It is perfect for removing make-up and cleansing your face after an intense day.
OTHER TIPS FOR ITS CORRECT APPLICATION
There is a lot of controversy over whether to rinse micellar water with water or not. To get the best results, we recommend that you do. And, although micellar water is very beneficial, it can contain some surfactants that can irritate your skin if it is dry or sensitive.
Rinsing will only help to cleanse the face even more - which is the main reason we are applying this product in our skin care routine - and to help the skin breathe.
We hope that all your questions about micellar water have been answered. if you decide to use it you will see that it becomes your best ally in skincare. You will look better than ever!