How many Calories are in a Mango? Nutritional factsMango is a well-known and much loved tropical fruit, whose sweet flavour captivates the palate of many people. It is also a food that has a wide variety of health benefits for us since mangos contain many vitamins as well as other minerals vital to our body's nutrition and daily function.
Despite being aware of the many health benefits and great nutrition that mangos provide us with many people decide not to eat this food as they fear that mangoes are high in calories and can make them gain weight due to a relatively high sugar content. Mangoes are however a food full of essential vitamin, iodine and other great minerals important to our health and daily nutrition and mangos have a low fat content.
Let us clear up any doubts you may have about the Mangoes and fill you in on all their health benefits.
Does mango make you fat?
If you are wondering if mango is high in calories and fattening we have the answer.
Unlike other tropical fruits, mango is low in calories and carbohydrates, being considered a light fruit. There is no reason for you not to eat this super tasty food.
Whilst determining if mangoes are fattening or not it is important to look at the facts and
take into account the metabolism of the person who consumes it as well as other factors such as other foods and fruits consumed and the quantity of exercise by each person and therefore take into account the serving size.
If you are looking to include Mango in your diet and lose weight, it is advisable to accompany its consumption with daily exercise and healthy habits.
Although mango is not un healthy consumption in excess can be harmful as with any fruits. Try to always have a moderate serving size to ensure a balanced diet and a healthy body.
Calories in Mango
Mangoes do not make you gain weight is due to their low calorie content. To give an idea, for every 100 grams of mango you eat, you are consuming approximately 60 calories. This number is quite low compared to other foods.
In addition to this, eating mango has a satiating effect which has its benefits when it comes to wanting to lose weight.
Properties and contraindications of Mango
How many Calories are in a Mango?
- Mangoes are mainly characterised by their high water content, which makes it perfect to eat on hot summer days to help keep skin hydrated. It is also an excellent diuretic.
- It is rich in fibre, which helps prevent constipation and improve digestive processes. So much so, that mangoes can also be used in recipes as laxatives.
- Mangos contains a high content of lutein, an antioxidant compound that eliminates toxins and keeps the body's cells healthy.
- Mangos strengthen the immune system.
- They help to keep us looking young, as they are an ideal fruit for skin rejuvenation.
- Mangos vitamin A and vitamin C content makes mango ideal for preventing diseases related to the cardiovascular system.
- They are rich in Iodine which is good for the Thyroid gland.
- Mango has a high content of compounds and nutrients essential for the proper functioning of our body, such as: carbohydrates, fats, calcium, folic acid, potassium, vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K and vitamin E, magnesium, phosphorus and iron.
- Finally another benefit of mango is its ability to help our body lose weight and aid digestion.
Although the mango is a delicious and highly beneficial fruit, like other foods, its excessive consumption can cause problems and unfavourable reactions in our body:
- Digestive problems: being a food rich in fibre, excessive consumption can cause colic, gas and even diarrhoea. In addition, when its consumption is not controlled, mango can be the cause of stomach ulcers and diseases such as gastritis.
- Allergies: some people do have an allergy to mangoes, and it can cause unfavourable reactions in their body, such as: dermatitis, redness and even peeling skin.
Mango is not high in calories and will not make you fat when consumed with a controlled serving and is one of the most delicious tropical fruits. The diverse health benefits that mangoes provide are a great reason to include them in your daily diet, but always in moderation. In the case of any negative health effect that you experience, do not hesitate to consult your family doctor.