The Parisian maison opened its doors in 1952 following the vision of the aristocrat Hubert de Givenchy who, based on tradition, set the goal of relaxing haute couture so that it reflected an elegance freed from the strict rules of the past. His casual chic style soon found his muse in actress Audrey Hepburn who, with her sophistication and femininity, firmly believed in the perfection of the imperfect. After more than half a century, Givenchy is recognized around the world as one of the reference fashion houses.
Givenchy, beauty and haute couture fashion
The acclaimed French dressmaker's designs have always stood out for the femininity of its garments and the exquisite architecture of its patterns. From the first moment, Hubert de Givenchy knew how to recognize the feminine silhouette and put his creativity at its service, designing dresses as iconic as the one Hepburn wore in the legendary movie Breakfast at diamonds. As one of the greatest exponents of ready-to-wear, his mission was to make his style timeless but innovative.
After the French dressmaker, such important names in the world of fashion as John Galliano, Alexander McQueen or Tisci have been at the forefront of the brand, updating it and maintaining it as a benchmark in the sector.
The brand's own vision of femininity and sophistication is also reflected outside the catwalk. Givenchy's makeup and beauty product lines have, through innovative textures and revolutionary designs, also positioned themselves as one of the best luxury brands.
The Givenchy cologne
Givenchy perfume is always linked to Audrey Hepburn. The French dressmaker created his first fragrance for the actress in 1957: L ’Interdit de Givenchy. She liked it so much that she asked her friend not to market it and when he finally introduced it to the public it became a smash hit. That was the beginning of a trajectory in haute perfumery full of creations that reflect the elegance of its garments with innovative proposals, at the same time timeless and novel.
Givenchy perfumes for women
Some of the most emblematic Givenchy perfumes for women are:
- L’Inderdit: Its first creation has been reinvented in 2018, giving the iconic perfume a touch of rebellion, representing daring femininity through floral and woody notes that invite you to challenge convention.
- Ange ou Demon: Its oriental notes are full of contrasts, which makes this fragrance a dual scent only suitable for versatile and unpredictable women.
- Amarige: Created in 1991, this floral fragrance is loaded with sensuality and romanticism, with an intense bouquet that celebrates love.
Givenchy for Men
The French house has also managed to capture the nuances of the most elegant masculinity through its perfumes for men:
- PI: With the intention of being the scent of the infinite, Givenchy created two decades ago a fragrance for men of a classic elegance that does not give up exploring and living new adventures.
- Gentleman: It is the fragrance of masculine elegance of the English gentleman of the years par excellence. The woody and oriental notes of it are ideal for the classic and seductive man.
- Givenchy Play: The citrus and woody notes of this perfume make it the perfect fragrance for young men who prefer fresh and sensual scents for day to day..